Promoting encouraging care and support specifically created for the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of the caregivers of cancer patients.
Sonya’s Cancer Caregivers’ Center is an organization founded to support the needs and well being of Caregivers of Cancer patients. SCCC’s purpose is to help navigate Caregivers through their journey in becoming a Caregiver, by assisting them with coping with the new changes of their daily lives. SCCC looks to aide Caregivers by offering a variety of resources, such as food, transportation, referrals, counseling and encouraging support.
Often, after diagnosis, Cancer patients receive an outpouring of support. It is our mission at SCCC to bridge that gap to give support to those who are supporting. The Caregiver. SCCC is strength for those who care.
- “Encourage the Caregiver” Support Sessions
- Caregivers are given the opportunity to share their uttermost feelings about the changes in the daily lives, Very informal, it allows the Caregiver to have a voice of their own
- Transportation services for Caregivers
- SCCC are driven to and from hospital visitations and are driven to various destinations under extenuating circumstances that may need our assistance
- Resource referral
- Navigating the Caregiver with the best possible solution to a particular concern
- Stress-release activities
- SCCC strives to promote Caregiver Time, for Caregivers to take a much needed time of relaxation for themselves by sponsoring the Caregiver on activity excursions.” Decompression Day” The Caregiver is given the opportunity to do what they would like to do to have fun, such as Dinner and a movie, Poetry Night, Musical Concert and the list goes on. It is simply to shed off their frustrations and totally focus on their selves
- Sessions with speakers including nurses, doctors, nutritionists and other caregivers
- Food pantry services
- Adaptation strategy
- Emotional, physical and spiritual support for the cancer caregiver